Monday, May 20, 2013

Dare to Dream - with Author Krista Krueger

What becomes of those who dare to dream? Some folks I know are hard-core realists. They deal in facts and figures. The here and now. The tangible. They don't bother much with what might be or could be - if only. The if onlys are the stuff of speculation. They're where the pragmatic and the starry-eyed dreamer often part company. As a scribe of sorts, I'm surrounded by others of the writerly persuasion. Inherent in and among us is the propensity to trade that which is factual for that which is keenly sought-after. That all-elusive spot on the NY Times best seller list. That People Magazine book recommendation. That book-club interview on Oprah. (Is she still doing those?) We if-only ourselves with the very best of intention. Our treasured aspirations only an if-only away. My friend and fellow author, Krista Krueger, describes in most lovely detail the trappings of her life if and when her writing goals come to be. I'm including it here since I found the imagery so charming, I wanted to keep it, to envision it for myself. Krista has some awesome things to share on her own blog every day. Check it out. http://kompletelykrista.wordpress.com/ Here is just a sampling of what Krista has to say on the topic of dreams:


"I’ve been very tentative about sending my book out but have decided that’s a bad idea.  If my dream is to be a published writer, why would I hold it back?  Do I have a fear of success?  I don’t think so because I have a whole dream beyond what happens when I’m a New York Times Bestseller.
I’ll have a house built back in the woods.  There will be a place where I can go outside to practice my witchcraft.  Behind the house will be a little stream that flows and tumbles over the rocks, its soft rushing sound mingling with the wind chimes that will from the back porch.  The tree branches will tangle together to let through just dapples of sunlight.  And when it rains there will be the gentle patter of the drops on the leaves like the scampering of tiny fairies looking for a flower to hide under to keep dry.  There will be a room just for reading so my books can come out of the basement.  And I’ve described what my writing room will look like.
None of that even has a chance to be if I don’t have the daring to keep my dream going.  And I plan on doing just that." Krista Krueger

No comments:

Post a Comment