Tuesday, July 24, 2012

No Bones About It

It seems, once again, our little Miley is miffed. Ever since we read and enjoyed "The Art of Racing in the Rain" the novel as told from the POV of Enzo the dog, my sweet pup has been awaiting her turn at bat. And now she's learned that the Blog "Text From Dog" has landed a book deal. See here:
http://www.blogherald.com/2012/07/23/tumblr-blog-text-from-dog-inks-book-deal/
She is not amused. I explained to her that it isn't easy to get published. I told her all about how the average writer must possess equal parts talent, luck, patience and incredibly good timing.
Yet, she is still perturbed. Perhaps something in my explanation was lost in the translation.
If I'm being honest, Miley may be cute but she isn't terribly creative. It's not for the lack of trying. I've sat with her for hours on end, just waiting for something amusing to spring from her tiny black lips.
Aside from the occasional yawn and bark...nothing. I've read her all the amusing anecdotes I could find in hopes of igniting her muse. The most I got out of her in return was a rousing game of fetch. Not all that novel-worthy, I'm afraid.
It would appear that Miley is destined to live the average canine life.She pretends to be put-off by this, complaining - "What good is an author-less existence?" But deep down something tells me she's just as content hanging out on the sofa, a new bone resting between her paws, helplessly resigned to leaving the writing thing to her Mama.
                                                             Miley - The Couch Potato Puppy

2 comments: