Sunday, February 26, 2012

Serenading the Muse

I'm turning The Hook over to the musical side of the world today. This lovely and oh-so-talented young lady happens to be my Goddaughter, Jennifer Lynn. Check out her Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/jenniferviolynn

I tried to play the violin once. Suffice it to say, I'll leave that particular mode of creativity to people like Jen who make it look effortless. (It's not, by the way ;) We all have our own ways of expressing ourselves, of tapping into the Muse inside. Some folks do it through food. Have you seen these amazing desserts hand-crafted by Joni the Cake Artist? Visit her website and you'll surely be impressed.
http://sweetprincesses.webs.com/
As for me, I'm more of a Duncan Hines girl. Oh well. We can't all share the same creative talents, I suppose.
It's best to be grateful for whatever gifts you've been given. Be it the written word or otherwise. Enjoy your Sunday gang. And may your Muse runneth over.

4 comments:

  1. My Muse demands some time for Play - and I need to pay attention. I get my best ideas for writing when I'm not writing, which means I need to do something else. My Muse is especially fond of long walks or runs, time out in nature, and anything that lets my body move and my spirit soar! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Trish! So nice to see you. My Muse is a shower lover. Something in the water makes the ideas spring to life. But I find music and food are also very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I cannot believe that is your goddaughter. Impressive! I tried to play the violin once and it was horrible. It takes a lot of practice and talent to make it sing like that. :) Amazing cake, too! I guess we all have our talents!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete