Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Undeniable Change

The tree is trimmed. And today I made a sizable dent in my Xmas shopping. I'm humming holiday tunes in spite of my publicly denouncing the early arrival of EVERYTHING CHRISTMAS. Heaven knows, I've succumbed. I know I have.
This years celebration is bittersweet. There's a very good chance it'll be the last one that takes place in the house I've lived in for a decade & a half. With plans underway to try and move by the middle of 2010, I've spent months constructing my defense. The mantra of the season is, "embrace change, warmly." Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
As a creature of habit this attitude will take some getting used to. That, and maybe a Valium.
I want to throw my arms around whatever lies ahead. I want to meet it head on with a prescription-free smile.
More than that though, I want to memorize every single square inch of these rooms, decorated now in ribbons and bows, poinsettias and twinkling lights.
I am well aware that home is where the heart is. Trouble is, my hearts been HERE for so very long residing within these old, familiar walls.
Alas, life goes on. The calendar won't be denied. Heaven knows, I've succumbed in spite of myself.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

1 comment:

  1. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have shared it with my friends. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!

    ReplyDelete