Thursday, December 31, 2009

Easy Come - Easy Go

Here we go again. With only hours left in 2009, it's time to take a peek at what this odd year amounted to. As aspirations go - I was full steam ahead - hit the ground running and kept at it until, well, I ran out of gas. It was the year I ALMOST got an agent. Too bad this isn't horseshoes or hand grenades. It's publishing, and "almost" doesn't count for much here. There's no bitterness, no regrets and no shoulda/woulda/coulda. If anything, I reached my end of '08 resolution with about two weeks to spare.
2010 will bring significant changes. Real changes. Tangible, hands-on stuff. Not the fluff that dreams are made of, like a spot on the shelf at B & N, Borders, etc. If that happens, if it's part of some grand design, then I'll be ready to meet it. Happily. If not, I'll be just as content as I was before all the madness first ensued.
Growing up is tough sometimes.
So I part '09 much in the same way I went in - slightly disillusioned and a tad dehydrated. But here, nonetheless.
Blessings all!

No comments:

Post a Comment